Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Me Poem

(I'm not sure if I did this right but here it is!)

I am from saddle, from Blistex and Alpo.
I am from the two levels; brick …red, black, smell of charcoal.
I am from the _fern, tulip, bark, the shrub, rose, brown.I am from butting eggs and freckles, from Doris and David and Miller.
I am from the bad backs and glasses.
From come inside and wash your hands.
I am from Catholic when I was younger in the big churches with millions of people. Now, for 6 years, I go to my boyfriends church ‘United Church of Christ’. It’s very tiny, in a farming community, but I love it!
I'm from Atlanta and Ireland, Cranberry sauce and dry chicken.
From the Grandma who had Alzheimer’s and went into the hospital were my grandpa was sent after a acute heart attack. She was told no visitors so she said she would be back with her gun. When told she can’t do that. She saw nothing wrong with it, she was then taken back to one of her daughters house were she spent the week, the Aunt who caught her hair on fire while leaning over a candle at thanksgiving dinner, and the Dad who just got telling me that the front porch on his new house was the strongest ever, he stomped, and feel through the porch at that exact moment.
I am from old pictures on the mantle and old family portraits only in my room. Letters from my cousin while in Iraq, which couldn’t be bought not for a million dollars. While in Iraq he stayed for many years, he scared me to death with sotires of granades that landed under him and just happened to not go off, while the ones behind him exploded. He sent pictures of the granades and such.But he is now back in the states with a new wife and baby boy. He would do it agian in a heartbeat, I envy someone so brave.

1 comment:

Dr. Frye said...

The beautiful thing about this poem is there is no wrong way! This is about you and where you are from. Oh we all have so many stories to tell and share! We all have such rich histories, don't we? : ) Go back and reread the last paragraph. Are there any missing details? Any ideas you can clarify? Thank you for sharing Jenn!